When it comes to your beauty routine, you can get some help from La Bella Vita Medi Spa in Rocklin and try Botox to look more rested, or opt for the natural route and actually get a good night’s sleep!
Sleep may be the closest thing there is to a Fountain of Youth. We love this sentiment, especially as it relates to ‘natural’ beauty.
How Beauty Is Impacted by Sleep
The truth is, beauty does come from within. It’s grown and replenished there, while you sleep. How well you sleep can determine how well you age, and can improve your health in so many other ways too.
We believe that sleep is the world’s easiest, and most effective, natural beauty regime. When you sleep:
- Your body goes to work repairing and rebalancing your skin – from ph to proteins like collagen.
- Your body also boosts blood flow to your skin when you sleep, giving you a healthy glow when you wake in the morning.
- Plenty of rest can also help minimize dark circles under your eyes – another tell-tale sign of tiny blood vessels ‘pooling’ under the thin delicate skin.
- Sleep deprivation causes a decrease in blood flow to the skin surrounding your face, causing dull skin and the disappearance of rosy cheeks.
How Poor Sleep Causes Aging
Beneath the surface, your body is aging too, and sleep loss can speed up the process. A study done by UCLA researchers discovered that just a single night of insufficient sleep can make an older adults’ cells age quicker. This might not seem like a big deal, but it has the potential to bring on a lot of other diseases.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, lack of sleep can be directly linked to certain health issues like high blood pressure, type two diabetes, obesity, heart disease, asthma and depression. Also, a 2014 study found that sleeping six hours or less per night can even increase one’s chances of having a car crash by 33%!
How to Improve Sleep Quality
You can sleep for a sufficient number of hours, but not obtain the right quality of sleep. We need to appreciate the importance of sleep quality. So, if you are looking for your own fountain of youth, look no further than these sleep tips:
- Increase bright light exposure during the day – Your body has a natural time-keeping clock known as your circadian rhythm. It affects your brain, body, and hormones, helping you stay awake and telling your body when it’s time to sleep. Natural sunlight or bright light during the day helps keep your circadian rhythm healthy. This improves daytime energy, as well as nighttime sleep quality and duration.
- Reduce blue light exposure in the evening – Blue light – which electronic devices like smartphones and computers emit in large amounts – affects your circadian rhythm, tricking your brain into thinking it’s still daytime.
- Don’t consume caffeine late in the day
- Reduce irregular or long daytime naps
- Try to sleep and wake at consistent times
- Don’t eat late in the evening
- Exercise regularly, but not before bed
- Get a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow
Good Sleep Is Critical to Your Health
Bottom line, good sleep health is central to overall physical and mental health, quality of life, and quantity of life…THE REAL FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH! Sleep is the most effective way to recharge your health and replenish that youthful vitality. However, we tend to take this all-important health habit for granted. So, break that cycle in your own life and improve your sleep cycle so you can look and feel your absolute best at any age!
Already have good sleep health?
Let’s be honest with one another. Everyone wants to look their best, and this usually means looking younger. You can exercise and watch your weight faithfully, but your face will give away your age with frown or laugh lines, and crow’s feet. Injectable fillers and Botox will temporarily reduce the signs of aging. By relaxing muscles in the face and filling in certain areas, these two powerful anti-aging agents can make people appear dramatically younger. We can help you in this department! Call to schedule your Botox and/or filler appointment today, 916-624-4959.