Sometimes regardless of how hard we try, healthy looking skin can be difficult to obtain with constant exposure to our environment – sun, pollution, even exposure to blue light from our computers and cell phones. These exposures can cause hyperpigmentation and skin irregularities. Also, as we age we are prone to wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and many other skin imperfections.
Luckily, our skin rejuvenation treatments can promote healthy and youthful skin and enhance your appearance without surgery. Winter can be a great time to undergo these treatments. It is much easier to avoid sun exposure, which can compromise the benefits of your treatment. No matter what time of the year it is, we always recommend you wear SPF30 or higher during the days following your skin rejuvenation treatment…and every day for that matter!
We offer several different skin rejuvenation treatments that can address your specific skin concerns:
- IPL – Intense Pulse Light therapy improves the color and texture of your skin by targeting hyperpigmentation, redness and vascular irregularities. Winter is the perfect time for an IPL treatment because it is much easier to avoid sun exposure.
*Pros – great for pigment reduction
*Cons – it has minimal effect on collagen production and can only be used on lighter skin types
- Fractional CO2 Laser – Our most aggressive laser treatment for collagen production and skin resurfacing. This laser helps with scars, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and pore size reduction. With our Fractional CO2 Laser, we can treat up to your eye lashes on your face.
*Pros – the results you get in one treatment is worth 4-5 times the effect you would get with other devices
*Cons – downtime of 5-14 days; higher, yet tolerable level of pain; not available for all skin types
- Sublative RF (Radio Frequency) – This treatment is used for scar revisions, collagen stimulation, pigment reduction and decreasing pore size.
*Pros – can be used on all skin types; good value for the cost
*Cons – downtime of 2 -5 days
- PicoWay® Laser – the only laser in the world that operates at pico second pulses! Used for tattoo removal, pigment removal (moles) and skin rejuvenation.
*Pros – can be used on all skin types; less pain and downtime
*Cons – not a lot! It’s one of our favorite lasers
- Profound® Radio Frequency RF (Micro needling) – uses small needles to kickstart your natural biological process of collagen production, which helps keep skin looking healthy and youthful. Also used for cellulite reduction and skin tightening.
*Pros – one-time treatment to achieve results
*Cons – more downtime and more expensive but worth it!
Which treatment is right for you depends largely on the condition of your skin. We would love to schedule a consultation and discuss your skin rejuvenation options! Call us at (916) 624-4959